Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bucket fill is tinting my entire image
(11-07-2018, 06:06 PM)HavingTooMuchFun Wrote: [Image: 5f02e79b-f984-4e92-be63-c2c36057c012-ori...fit=bounds]
The upper image is the original; the bottom image is my attempt to bucket-fill with tan replacing the gray. This is very close to the minimum threshold to eliminate all of the dark gray, and as you can see, the tan that I bucket filled with is overlaying the white as well… not REPLACING the white, but mixing with it. This has happened recently with a variety of different images, with a variety of different colors both in the images and with the attempted bucket-fills; the result is as if I was looking at the image through tinted glasses, rather than the bucket fill just working on the selected color. I must have accidentally changed some sort of setting… does anyone have any idea what it might be?
Obviously this is suuuuuper late but hopefully this can help someone with a similar problem. If you used (select by color) to select the area you wanted to bucket fill, the selection area on screen (as shown by the dotted outline) may not be correct. you can see this by clicking on the (selection editor) in the upper right hand corner. it will show that the entire image has little tiny bits selected? or partially selected? I am by no means an expert, I don't understand what it happening. However my solution to this was. 
choose my selected color with the (select by color) tool THIS TIME unclicking antialiasing. when antialiasing is on for this tool it selects tiny pieces of the whole image, meaning the bucket fill tool tints the entire image!
(07-25-2023, 12:23 AM)levimarvelearle Wrote:
(11-07-2018, 06:06 PM)HavingTooMuchFun Wrote: [Image: 5f02e79b-f984-4e92-be63-c2c36057c012-ori...fit=bounds]
The upper image is the original; the bottom image is my attempt to bucket-fill with tan replacing the gray. This is very close to the minimum threshold to eliminate all of the dark gray, and as you can see, the tan that I bucket filled with is overlaying the white as well… not REPLACING the white, but mixing with it. This has happened recently with a variety of different images, with a variety of different colors both in the images and with the attempted bucket-fills; the result is as if I was looking at the image through tinted glasses, rather than the bucket fill just working on the selected color. I must have accidentally changed some sort of setting… does anyone have any idea what it might be?
Obviously this is suuuuuper late but hopefully this can help someone with a similar problem. If you used (select by color) to select the area you wanted to bucket fill, the selection area on screen (as shown by the dotted outline) may not be correct. you can see this by clicking on the (selection editor) in the upper right hand corner. it will show that the entire image has little tiny bits selected? or partially selected? I am by no means an expert, I don't understand what it happening. However my solution to this was. 
choose my selected color with the (select by color) tool THIS TIME unclicking antialiasing. when antialiasing is on for this tool it selects tiny pieces of the whole image, meaning the bucket fill tool tints the entire image!

The selection of a pixel can be partial. The "ants" show the limit between pixels with <50% selection and pixels with >50% selection. If you want a hard selection, see Select > Sharpen.

Anti-aliasing is about avoiding pixelated edges. Usually you want to keep it.