Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bulk export of images for different usage
Hi, 

Does anyone have any tips to speed up the export of images so they can be used on the web? Nowadays it is good to have multiple versions of images (for web, mobile, different social media etc).

My dream scenario would be an extension, where you could point to a directory - tell it to export all images in that directory and specify the export parameters to export to (with more than one type being possible).

Dave
With ImageMagick you make write a shell script that makes many versions of an image (scale, shape, quality, format, etc...).

If you just want to change the scale, you can also use my ofn-export-sizes script.
(06-03-2021, 01:33 PM)Ofnuts Wrote: With ImageMagick you make write a shell script that makes many versions of an image (scale, shape, quality, format, etc...).

If you just want to change the scale, you can also use my ofn-export-sizes script.

I've just downloaded this plugin and the zip file also contains the ofn-export-layers plugin. Is this required or has it been added to the zip file by mistake?
Until Ofnuts comes along, the plugin he mentioned is ofn-export-sizes.py Look for ofn-export-sizes.zip dated 2021-02-27
In the zip is the plugin ofn-export-sizes.py which goes in your Gimp 2.10 plug-ins folder C:\Users\"yourname"\AppData\Roaming\GIMP\2.10\plug-ins Also in the zip a html help file. Read the help file.

Edit: Apologies, yes it does contain ofn-export-layers.py and yes put it in as above.

It starts off This script is used to export all the image layers as separate files. The layers are saved at their actual size and are not resized to the canvas size if they are smaller.

So there is a bit of work for you to do just in making set of layers of various sizes. I do not 'do' social-anything but looking at this https://buffer.com/library/ideal-image-s...edia-posts , I would spend some time just writing down what is required.

I do not think it as that straight forward. For any image, at best it is scaled, more probably it is cropped. scaled, padded with borders maybe rotated. A lot of work.
ofn-export-layers in ofn-export-sizes is a mishap and shouldn't be there. Just uploaded a cleaned .ZIP.
(04-07-2022, 04:33 PM)Ofnuts Wrote: ofn-export-layers in ofn-export-sizes is a mishap and shouldn't be there. Just uploaded a cleaned .ZIP.

Thanks for the clarification :-)