Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CLONE Tool
Hi everybody :
   Whenever I try to use the CLONE tool, instead of actually cloning part of an image into another part.
   Instead of cloning part of the picture, I start  "painting" the color in the selected area.
garystan
document.oncontextmenu = null; document.body.onpaste = null; document.body.onselectstart = null; document.onselectstart = null; document.ondragstart = null; document.body.oncut = null; document.onmousedown = null; document.body.oncontextmenu = null; document.body.oncopy = null; document.body.ondragstart = null; document.body.onmousedown = null;
Are you posting from a mobile phone ? Just wondering about the garbage under your post.

It is better if you post a screenshot like this to show the settings you are using.

However, a very short checklist.
1) Make sure brush dynamics is off.
2) It is possible to paint using a pattern, which might be a single colour. Make sure Source is set to Image.
3) There is a drop down menu for alignment: None / Aligned / Registered / Fixed  My guess is, you are on fixed. Use None or Aligned.

see: https://docs.gimp.org/2.10/en/gimp-tool-clone.html
rich2005:
   I'm not sure where that came from. I'm posting from my laptop.
   garystan 
document.oncontextmenu = null; document.body.onpaste = null; document.body.onselectstart = null; document.onselectstart = null; document.ondragstart = null; document.body.oncut = null; document.onmousedown = null; document.body.oncontextmenu = null; document.body.oncopy = null; document.body.ondragstart = null; document.body.onmousedown = null;

rich2005
    I  wonder what's causing that  "garbage" .
garystan

rich2005 :
 I just happened to notice, on the CLONE tool, that there's a round circle with a line thrugh it----meaning that the CLONE tool is disabled (?) How do I  "enable" the CONE tool?
garystan

rich2005 :
 I just happened to notice, on the CLONE tool, that there's a round circle with a line thrugh it----meaning that the CLONE tool is disabled (?) How do I  "enable" the CONE tool?
garystan
rich2005 :

I did some research into this.  If you use CTTRL+MOUSE click..... you can set the SOURCE.  Setting the source from where you want to CLONE from.
 Anyone else who rus into this problem, either just let them know about this. Or refer them to this post.
garystan
(10-27-2022, 08:35 PM)gaystan Wrote: rich2005 :

I did some research into this.  If you use CTTRL+MOUSE click..... you can set the SOURCE.  Setting the source from where you want to CLONE from.
 Anyone else who rus into this problem, either just let them know about this. Or refer them to this post.
garystan

Using Ctrl-click to set the sources is the basic operation of the tool. "Some research" should get you there. Also, if you click despite the "forbidden" icon, you get the warning: Set a source image first.

PS: Please fix your posts, the garbage JavaScript code is a real eyesore.