Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
COPY and PASTE
Hi  everybody :

How do I COPY a selection from one picture and PASTE that selection into another selected area of another picture
 garystan
document.oncontextmenu = null; document.body.onpaste = null; document.body.onselectstart = null; document.onselectstart = null; document.ondragstart = null; document.body.oncut = null; document.onmousedown = null; document.body.oncontextmenu = null; document.body.oncopy = null; document.body.ondragstart = null; document.body.onmousedown = null;
I will tell you when you fix your posts Wink

Is it a signature file you are using ?

------------
Before I pack in for the day.

It is as easy as use a selection tool to draw in the selection area.
Edit -> Copy to put the contents of the area into clipboard.

Into the next image and Edit -> Paste  and here you have various choices. If you make a selection you can paste into it as https://i.imgur.com/Phb3LDW.mp4

Often easier to Edit -> Paste as New Layer then you can move that layer around with the move tool.
Ah I see now.
You do not have to make a selection on your 'main' picture. Do what Rich said and only make your selection around the area you want copied. Once you have the new layer you can move it to the area you want.

Smile
I would be nice if you can stop to copy/paste a bit everywhere ➤ 2 threads copy/paste > https://www.gimp-forum.net/Thread-COPY-and-PASTE Wink

I would be nice if you can stop posting this systematic javascript gibberish in every comment of yours as well   Big Grin

First I copy (Ctrl C) then I go to the second image and paste (Ctrl V). The copied selection shows up as a floating selection. Then I move into position and then convert to a layer and then merge down. Basically the same as has already been posted but a slightly different sequence.
Smile 
(10-28-2022, 07:28 PM)rich2005 Wrote: [...] Is it a signature file you are using ?

Big Grin
Samj PortableGimp 2.10.28 - Win-10 /64.