Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Change FG/BG Color dialog to RGB/HSV
Hi, I'd like to know if it's possible to change the "FG/BG Color" dialog modes to RGB/HSV instead of RGB/LCh. Some info: I have GIMP 2.10.28 installed (with PhotoGimp mode). Thanks!
(11-27-2021, 02:19 AM)allanfelipe Wrote: Hi, I'd like to know if it's possible to change the "FG/BG Color" dialog modes to RGB/HSV instead of RGB/LCh. Some info: I have GIMP 2.10.28 installed (with PhotoGimp mode). Thanks!

There are two buttons for this at the top of the dialog, labelled =HSV and Lch.

Now, if you want to change the default, I didn't find a way.
(11-29-2021, 10:13 AM)Ofnuts Wrote:
(11-27-2021, 02:19 AM)allanfelipe Wrote: Hi, I'd like to know if it's possible to change the "FG/BG Color" dialog modes to RGB/HSV instead of RGB/LCh. Some info: I have GIMP 2.10.28 installed (with PhotoGimp mode). Thanks!

There are two buttons for this at the top of the dialog, labelled =HSV and Lch.

Now, if you want to change the default, I didn't find a way.

Hi, I can see these 2 buttons when I click one of the two squared colors (in the toolbox) which opens a temporary window named "Change the foreground color" or "Change the background color". But I can't find out how to change in the fixed window, the dockable dialog.

[Image: Klld75V.png]
The Color Dock ? It is the right side icon to change.

I tried this when you first posted, but no way I can see to make it persistent, all the usual, save tool options etc...Always returns to default on a Gimp restart.
(11-30-2021, 09:06 AM)rich2005 Wrote: The Color Dock ? It is the right side icon to change.

I tried this when you first posted, but no way I can see to make it persistent, all the usual, save tool options etc...Always returns to default on a Gimp restart.

Ahh, too bad it can't become persistent, but that already solves my issue, thanks Smile There isn't a "solved" button in this forum, right?