Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can Gimp perform automated actions?
Photo 
I have an avatar sheet like the attached sample and was wondering if Gimp has some kind of automated tool or if there's some sort of "trick" to cut them out altogether instead of one by one.
I need each avatar in 100x100.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(02-01-2020, 02:24 PM)maicart Wrote: I have an avatar sheet like the attached sample and was wondering if Gimp has some kind of automated tool or if there's some sort of "trick" to cut them out altogether instead of one by one.

No trick but it is possible using some additional scripts and plugins
Add a grid of guides at suitable spacing.
Guillotine the image into layers using the guides.
Export the layers as separate images after resizing.

I will attach the extra plugins/scripts, they come from various sources. Unzip and put in the appropriate place as shown in this demo video:  https://youtu.be/nn0dKR1GdEA  4 minutes to chop up your image Wink

Attached Files
.zip   divide-up-kit.zip (Size: 6.76 KB / Downloads: 114)
My ofn-tiles and ofn-layer-tiles script that you'll find here. The first one is from layer to/from files, the second is from single layer to/from multiple layers.
(02-01-2020, 04:34 PM)rich2005 Wrote:
(02-01-2020, 02:24 PM)maicart Wrote: I have an avatar sheet like the attached sample and was wondering if Gimp has some kind of automated tool or if there's some sort of "trick" to cut them out altogether instead of one by one.

No trick but it is possible using some additional scripts and plugins
Add a grid of guides at suitable spacing.
Guillotine the image into layers using the guides.
Export the layers as separate images after resizing.

I will attach the extra plugins/scripts, they come from various sources. Unzip and put in the appropriate place as shown in this demo video:  https://youtu.be/nn0dKR1GdEA  4 minutes to chop up your image Wink

@rich2005 Wow! Thanks so much, very helpful. Excellent tutorial. You made my day. Thanks again.

(02-01-2020, 05:06 PM)Ofnuts Wrote: My ofn-tiles and ofn-layer-tiles script that you'll find here. The first one is from layer to/from files, the second is from single layer to/from multiple layers.

@Ofnuts. Thanks you too. I really appreciate it. This forum is a life saver.