Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can I get the (legacy) Newsprint filter back
I can see, that I do not have the option to use the Newsprint (legacy) filter any more when I did a brand new installation this morning
Is there a way to get i back?

Attached Files Image(s)

(04-04-2021, 06:26 AM)T-buch Wrote: I can see, that I do not have the option to use the Newsprint (legacy) filter any more when I did a brand new installation this morning

A bit of checking and the old plugin disappeared between Gimp 2.10.10 and Gimp 2.10.14 

The only thing I can suggest is 'steal' the plugin from an older version of Gimp and put the file in your user profile plug-ins folder. For Windows 64 bit the attached from an old  Partha Gimp 2.10 
Works here:  https://i.imgur.com/3eYYToQ.jpg

The usual, unzip the download, put newsprint.exe in C:\Users\"yourname"\AppData\Roaming\GIMP\2.10\plug-ins

Attached Files
.zip   newsprint-plugin.zip (Size: 38.11 KB / Downloads: 480)
I like to add some info

The new installation of Gimp was on a new PC. Gimp version = 2.10.24
On my old computer I have version 2.10.22 - and that do have Newsprint
But installing the same version 2.10.11 in stead of the (little) newer vesrion does not bring up Newssprint (legacy)
so I have might done something active to have the old Newsprint filter - but I cannot remember it - Or could it be because thhe installation of gimp on my old computer is installations-update of older versions of Gimp?

(04-04-2021, 08:31 AM)rich2005 Wrote:
(04-04-2021, 06:26 AM)T-buch Wrote: I can see, that I do not have the option to use the Newsprint (legacy) filter any more when I did a brand new installation this morning

A bit of checking and the old plugin disappeared between Gimp 2.10.10 and Gimp 2.10.14 

The only thing I can suggest is 'steal' the plugin from an older version of Gimp and put the file in your user profile plug-ins folder. For Windows 64 bit the attached from an old  Partha Gimp 2.10 
Works here:  https://i.imgur.com/3eYYToQ.jpg

The usual, unzip the download, put newsprint.exe in C:\Users\"yourname"\AppData\Roaming\GIMP\2.10\plug-ins

Thanks it also works too her - It was a Great, logically and easy solution