Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can someone direct me to...
a tutorial to put a new theme in gimp from a zip file.
I assume for Windows.
I have been asked to do one and could but if you have one already I will give the person the llink to it.

Smile
(11-12-2023, 12:01 AM)sallyanne Wrote: a tutorial to put a new theme in gimp from a zip file.
I assume for Windows.
I have been asked to do one and could but if you have one already I will give the person the llink to it.

if you want a "tuto", I did found this > https://www.lifewire.com/change-interfac...mp-1701669 , but lots of words for nothing IMO Wink

You don't need a tutorial Wink

Just unzip your zip file, then go to Edit > Preferences > Interface > Theme to see where is the theme folder to put your unzipped theme file
On the right side in the red rectangle, on my screenshot, is the path to your folder where to put the unziped theme (if you are on M$-Windows, the path will be written the way for M$-Windows, same for MacOS, written the Mac way).

Put the unzipped theme in the folder
to quote the website (the only thing which is useful)
Quote:On Windows, the folder is located here: C:\Program Files\GIMP 2\share\gimp\themes\.
On Mac, you can find it at: /Users/your-username/Library/GIMP/2.10/themes
Linux users can find it at: ~/.config/GIMP/2.10/themes
Patrice
I know what to do Patrice. Indeed have done it. I guess the person who wants to know is a gimp noob

Smile
(11-12-2023, 05:18 AM)sallyanne Wrote: I know what to do Patrice. Indeed have done it. I guess the person who wants to know is a gimp noob.
btw thanks for the link

Smile