Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can't change radius of paintbrush (2.10.34)
For whatever reason, I can no longer change the radius of the paintbrush (or other) tools.  I even uninstalled and reinstalled Gimp, but the problem persists.  I'm running 2.10.34.  Image attached

Can't change radius
(03-10-2023, 05:26 PM)PatrickStar Wrote: For whatever reason, I can no longer change the radius of the paintbrush (or other) tools.  I even uninstalled and reinstalled Gimp, but the problem persists.  I'm running 2.10.34.  Image attached

Can't change radius

You need to display the Tool Options dialog (the easel icon as shown in the attached image) - this allows you to st various brush parameters including the radius

Attached Files Image(s)

(03-10-2023, 05:26 PM)PatrickStar Wrote: For whatever reason, I can no longer change the radius of the paintbrush (or other) tools.  I even uninstalled and reinstalled Gimp, but the problem persists.  I'm running 2.10.34.  Image attached

Can't change radius

Windows > Dockable Dialogs > Tool Options
..should do it.
(03-10-2023, 05:35 PM)programmer_ceds Wrote:

Can't change radius

You need to display the Tool Options dialog (the easel icon as shown in the attached image) - this allows you to st various brush parameters including the radius

Thank you, but I cannot find the easel.  I was actually able to "solve" the problem by clicking something (probably the easel) about 15 seconds after I posted, but Murphy's Law is in effect, and for the past 10 minutes I've been stuck again and can't figure out how I "solved" it in the first place, and again, I can't find the easel.

(03-10-2023, 05:37 PM)Zero01 Wrote:

Can't change radius

Windows > Dockable Dialogs > Tool Options
..should do it.

I do that and the tool options that are open on the left side of the screen blinks at me.
(03-10-2023, 05:37 PM)Zero01 Wrote: Windows > Dockable Dialogs > Tool Options
..should do it.

"I do that and the tool options that are open on the left side of the screen blinks at me."

Looks like it's on the right hand part of your GIMP UI, 2nd tab from the right.
(03-10-2023, 08:26 PM)Zero01 Wrote:
(03-10-2023, 05:37 PM)Zero01 Wrote: Windows > Dockable Dialogs > Tool Options
..should do it.

"I do that and the tool options that are open on the left side of the screen blinks at me."

Looks like it's on the right hand part of your GIMP UI, 2nd tab from the right.

Thanks!  Between my funky trackball, the wascom pen, and accidently tapping keys, I sometimes accidently grab something and throw it off from a menu and then I can't find it.  It was hidden offscreen separate from the other options.
https://www.gimp-forum.net/Thread-Gettin...ce-for-all