Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help with creating an animation from right to left
Hello,

I have a strange question that I hope I can explain well. I have created 60 frames of a line image that shrinks from right to left. Here is a representation to try and show what I am doing 

----->
--->
->

I did this by creating each image 7 pixels shorter and then displaying image 60 to 1 in a countdown 

What I want to do now is reverse the animation like this 

<------
<---
<-

The problem is that I am trying to do this in a program that is used to create graphics for PC Sensor Panels (Aida64)

Apparently it displays images left justified so the only way I can think to do this is to push the frames from right to left like this 

<-----
..<---
....<-

and make the ... transparent 

Is there an easier way?

Thanks
(01-17-2024, 03:50 PM)rinaldop Wrote: Is there an easier way?

1. You can load all your images as layers of a single image (in one single operation: File > Open as layers lets you select multiple images)
  2. You increase the canvas size (Image > Canvas size so that your image is as wide as your display (useful options:Resize: All layers and Fill with: Transparency)
  3. Image > Transform > Flip horizontally
  4. Export each layer to file. Two ways:
    • Use a script such as my own ofn-export-layers
    • Manually:
      • make all layers invisible by shift-clicking the eye icon of any one of them
      • make each layer visible in  turn and File > Export the image, minding the file names
Some handly scripts for doing Gimp animations are 'rename layers' and 'reverse/mirror layers'. Rename layers doesn't sound like much but you can set the timing of your animation. The default looks like this:
Frame %03d (41ms)(combine)
I mostly change (combine) to (replace). When you play back your animation with Gimp's Animation > Playback you will see what replace does. It throws the previous frame and shows the new one Smile

I still haven't figured out if flip layers horizontally is the same as reverse layers. I should experiment and find out.
I looked at this yesterday and not really understanding the question. 

If it is, starting with this

..and using the frames of that animation to give this

..but not sure that is the requirement.
The crunch is "Is there an easier way?"  I offset individual frames before rotating the image. Not quick.
Possibly an easier way is not Gimp, maybe ImageMagick
First I would like to thank everyone that offered help, it is much appreciated!

Before I try them I better explain in more detail what I am trying to do.  In reality I am not trying to create an animation. I am trying to fake an animation by flashing frames in a program called Aida64. Aida64 is a program that is used to create graphics for PC Sensor Panels. It measures system stats and displays them on the screen using graphics.  I created a template for the program to use .png images to display PC stats.  The program does not support animated files such as animated .gifs, instead it will display a frame when the PC stat changes.  For example if I am using the program to display FPS when the FPS is 0 then image-0.png is displayed, when FPS is 1 then image-0.png is displayed until at what is set for max FPS (for example 60) then image-60.png is displayed.

The 2 gauges I am talking about are the lightsaber gauges in the bottom left corner and the upper right corner. They both measure FPS. When the FPS is 0 both gauges are full length and when the FPS goes up the gauges shrink.

The gauge on the lower left works perfectly but the gauge on the upper right is backwards even though I reversed all the frame images. To do that I used BIMP, so that is why I am requesting help here. I have been using GIMP for just 2 weeks and I am not knowledgeable about many of its features. Apparently Aida64 left justifies the images so I do not know how to turn the gauge around or if it is possible.

To illustrate the problem I uploaded a 2.4MB avi to a temporary online storage site.  If anyone has the time and the patience to watch it I would be very thankful!

https://ufile.io/v8qpuwty

EDIT - I solved the problem like this - view attachment

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)