Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can't draw lines.
Running 2.10.22 on OSX Big Sur 11.3. Whenever I click and drag to draw a line, it just creates a dot where I start and every time I stop. Happens with every drag and click tool. Changing size, color, etc does not help. Any advice would be appreciated.
(03-04-2021, 11:00 PM)ranchdressing Wrote: Running 2.10.22 on OSX Big Sur 11.3. Whenever I click and drag to draw a line, it just creates a dot where I start and every time I stop. Happens with every drag and click tool. Changing size, color, etc does not help. Any advice would be appreciated.

Could be as simple as not having a brush selected, common mistake, did you check that out of interest?

EDIT: Ah but you say it does produce a dot at each end, so probably not a brush issue... Have you clicked and dragged whilst pressing SHIFT? (I'm not a Mac person so not sure it's done that way)
(03-04-2021, 11:04 PM)Zero01 Wrote:
(03-04-2021, 11:00 PM)ranchdressing Wrote: Running 2.10.22 on OSX Big Sur 11.3. Whenever I click and drag to draw a line, it just creates a dot where I start and every time I stop. Happens with every drag and click tool. Changing size, color, etc does not help. Any advice would be appreciated.

Could be as simple as not having a brush selected, common mistake, did you check that out of interest?

EDIT: Ah but you say it does produce a dot at each end, so probably not a brush issue... Have you clicked and dragged whilst pressing SHIFT? (I'm not a Mac person so not sure it's done that way)

Yes and that is no help either
(03-04-2021, 11:55 PM)ranchdressing Wrote:
Quote:    .....snip... EDIT: Ah but you say it does produce a dot at each end, so probably not a brush issue... Have you clicked and dragged whilst pressing SHIFT? (I'm not a Mac person so not sure it's done that way)

Yes and that is no help either

A least someone gave up their valuable time and posted an answer.

The procedure is in the Gimp documents  https://docs.gimp.org/en/gimp-tutorial-s...lines.html
With a drawing tool, click to establish the starting point
Hold the shift key down
Move the tool cursor to the end point and click.

A 30 second video of that: https://i.imgur.com/WCH1hyg.mp4 but an older macos and Gimp 2.10
If not working on your installation, then it is probably a bigsur issue, dont blame GIMP blame Apple.