Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can't export raw data without alpha channel if image contains more than 1 layer
Hello,

Why is it that raw data export always contains alpha channel if the image has more than one layer?

I have image in RGB mode with multiple layers and would like to export each layer as individual raw data file containing only RGB data (i.e. 3 bytes per pixel).
But I cannot get the file exported without alpha channel being saved as well (4 bytes/pixel). I have made sure alpha does not exist in any of the layers (selecting "Remove Alpha Channel" on all layers). If I delete all but the layer I want to export, it is exported without alpha like I want.

I am working around this now by copying and pasting each layer to a new image, removing the alpha channel from that, and exporting the new image to raw file.
Even that would be quick to do if all steps had key shortcuts, but the alpha channel removal must be done with mouse still which slows down the process (select layer, Ctrl-A, Ctrl-C, Shift-Ctrl-V, remove alpha with mouse, and finally Ctrl-E).

Is there some setting somewhere that says multi layer images always contain alpha channel, even if individual layers do not?

Thanks in advance,
Tomi