Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can't move layers
Hey, i'm new to Gimp so i sorry if i sound like a noob right now.

Anyways, i can't seem to move layers, and no i'm not talking about using the move tool, i'm talking about the layers on the right side, the layer WINDOW.

Is this a normal feature in Gimp? I had a feeling programs like this would allow to move your layers up and down, but i have to use the buttons instead which is kinda annoying

Thankss

(im uploading a picture, that's the window i'm talking about and i can't move layers up and down)

Attached Files Image(s)

This is what it should look like in a Windows Gimp.

Click and drag - the thin line indicates the destination - release to move.

Have you tried the up-down icons to move the layer.  Try that and come back if that is not working.
(12-29-2017, 11:41 AM)Netherzapdos Wrote: Hey, i'm new to Gimp so i sorry if i sound like a noob right now.

Anyways, i can't seem to move layers, and no i'm not talking about using the move tool, i'm talking about the layers on the right side, the layer WINDOW.

Is this a normal feature in Gimp? I had a feeling programs like this would allow to move your layers up and down, but i have to use the buttons instead which is kinda annoying

Thankss

(im uploading a picture, that's the window i'm talking about and i can't move layers up and down)

Normally dragging should work... Are you using any kind of security software? Are they other places where drag drop doesn't work (draging a layer to the canvas of another window, or trying to re-arrange tabs in the Layers/Channels/Paths window.