Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reskinning
Hi everyone I am new here. I use a mac all up to date. I run a Train simulator. And want to reskin some of the locomotives. I can manipulate the template of the locomotive ok, but my problem is when I am done I can't get rid of the last Rectangle Select tool dashed outline. And when I save my work and reopen it's still there. Flusteratring. Thank funnnyfarm
(03-25-2017, 04:25 PM)funnnyfarm Wrote: ...snip...my problem is when I am done I can't get rid of the last Rectangle Select tool dashed outline. And when I save my work and reopen it's still there. Flusteratring. Thank funnnyfarm

Ok, It looks like you are saving your work as a Gimp .xcf file. That is the correct thing to do. 

However this does save all layers, guides, grids and of course active selections. None of these remain when you export an image, they exist only in Gimp.

Want to lose that selection, Select -> None before saving.
thanks rich2005
(03-25-2017, 04:25 PM)funnnyfarm Wrote: Hi everyone I am new here. I use a mac all up to date. I run a Train simulator. And want to reskin some of the locomotives. I can manipulate the template of the locomotive ok, but my problem is when I am done I can't get rid of the last Rectangle Select tool dashed outline. And when I save my work and reopen it's still there. Flusteratring. Thank funnnyfarm

I'm a Mac user, I bought Train Sim 2 a couple weeks ago and just got Gimp so I too can Reskin Locomotives or paint Undec Locos. Problem is, I'm new to all of this and am flying blind, deaf and dumb. Everyone I talked to has a PC so I was out of luck as to a step by step tutorial on this. I hate to be a burden but I don't know where else to turn, until I read your post. What's the step by step procedure you used to edit the Asset? Did you edit it in Finder? Did you make a copy of the Asset which is the same as Cloning? Like I said, I'm new to all of this and need all the help I can get. Tkanks.
(10-10-2017, 01:26 PM)Railroader1970 Wrote: I'm a Mac user, I bought Train Sim 2 a couple weeks ago and just got Gimp so I too can Reskin Locomotives or paint Undec Locos. Problem is, I'm new to all of this and am flying blind, deaf and dumb. Everyone I talked to has a PC so I was out of luck as to a step by step tutorial on this. I hate to be a burden but I don't know where else to turn, until I read your post. What's the step by step procedure you used to edit the Asset? Did you edit it in Finder? Did you make a copy of the Asset which is the same as Cloning? Like I said, I'm new to all of this and need all the help I can get. Tkanks.

The original poster may not be monitoring this forum so may not be aware of your request.

I know nothing about Train Sim and the reskining of locos, so can't help.

You will probably need to give a lot more detail of what you are trying to do. Images are probably needed to make things clear to us here on the forum.
These skins work about the same on all simulators (cars, planes, spaceships, trains, motorcycle... and even on people), so don't limit yourself to trains when you look for examples.