Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can the Color of Text Be Automatically Inverted Based on its Background?
Using GIMP, is there a (simple) way to have the color of text automatically invert whenever it's over a background of a similar color? For instance, I've seen print ads where black text on a white background becomes white wherever it's over a dark enough background that would make it difficult to read were its color not reversed, due to the lack of adequate contrast. In case I'm not explaining the issue clearly, this post pretty much illustrates the effect I want. But I don't need it for animation purposes, just static documents.

Thanks.
(07-30-2018, 03:13 PM)abajan Wrote: Using GIMP, is there a (simple) way to have the color of text automatically invert whenever it's over a background of a similar color?

Move the text layer around and watch the colour change as it moves over the background.

The text is white, and the Layer Mode of the text layer is Difference.

Attached Files
.xcf   TextColourInvert.xcf (Size: 731.26 KB / Downloads: 267)
(07-30-2018, 07:43 PM)Blighty Wrote:
(07-30-2018, 03:13 PM)abajan Wrote: Using GIMP, is there a (simple) way to have the color of text automatically invert whenever it's over a background of a similar color?

Move the text layer around and watch the colour change as it moves over the background.

The text is white, and the Layer Mode of the text layer is Difference.

Exactly what I was looking for! And it's indeed very simple.
Thanks very much. Smile