Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another icon size question

Does anyone know how to change the size of the color pick / color swap icon?
(11-15-2021, 05:59 PM)eepjr24 Wrote: Does anyone know how to change the size of the color pick / color swap icon?

This on has been asked before. It is not a resizable icon as such, it is a graphic embedded in the Gimp code. Could be changed but you would need to edit the code (somehow) and then recompile Gimp. Not an easy task
(11-15-2021, 06:07 PM)rich2005 Wrote:
(11-15-2021, 05:59 PM)eepjr24 Wrote: Does anyone know how to change the size of the color pick / color swap icon?

This on has been asked before. It is not a resizable icon as such, it is a graphic embedded in the Gimp code. Could be changed but you would need to edit the code (somehow) and then recompile Gimp. Not an easy task

Ok. One can dream. =) My eyes keep getting worse and it's so hard to click that tiny little color swap.

- E
Photo 
The thing I do is keyboard shortcuts that way the only time I use the icons in a toolbox tab  is for changing a  colour's hue etc
 that's on my second monitor/screen, use the tab colours tab make room for the tab, visually bit better to pick with has a few other options also, and using keyboard shortcuts helps a lot.
The screenshot was too big even when reduced  Sad

In the help docs Gimp help F1Chapter 14 half way down the page

Default colors
Clicking on this small symbol resets the Foreground and Background colors to black and white, respectively. Pressing the D key has the same effect.
Swap FG/BG colors

Clicking on the small curved line with two arrowheads causes the Foreground and Background colors to be swapped. Pressing the X key has the same effect.

Hope this helps,
(11-15-2021, 11:34 PM)Redraw Wrote: The thing I do is keyboard shortcuts that way the only time I use the icons in a toolbox tab  is for changing a  colour's hue etc
 that's on my second monitor/screen, use the tab colours tab make room for the tab, visually bit better to pick with has a few other options also, and using keyboard shortcuts helps a lot.
The screenshot was too big even when reduced  Sad

In the help docs Gimp help F1Chapter 14 half way down the page

Default colors
Clicking on this small symbol resets the Foreground and Background colors to black and white, respectively. Pressing the D key has the same effect.
Swap FG/BG colors

Clicking on the small curved line with two arrowheads causes the Foreground and Background colors to be swapped. Pressing the X key has the same effect.

Hope this helps,

Edit just to try one times to add screenshot, not clicking add attachment button

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)