Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cannot move a selection/layer
Hello, I tried searching for a solution but nothing I found has worked yet. Basically I am not able to move this image. I have the layer selected, and it is not locked. I press 'M' but I also try clicking the Move tool on the left-hand panel/window. However, it is not moving the image.

Here is a gif of the problem:

[Image: s5NuhP4.gif]

I would greatly appreciate any help!
Thank you for the gif but what you needed to do however is post a snapshot of your window showing the tool options dialog

Make sure you have layer selected and not (selection [marching ants] or path) for the move tool as well as the layer selected in the layers dialog

[attachment=9580]

Smile
kev_hobbit, It certainly looks to me that you are moving the selection. I agree with sallyanne's solution in the above post, in the move tool, you want to choose layer not selection.
Also kev_hobbit, you already have the layer/picture selected so you do not need to do a rectangle select around it.

Smile
You have lost the Tool options dialog. See here how to restore it and keep it around

Once you have recovered it, the little square near the pointer (     ) says that he tool is set to move the selection mask:

For what you want to do, the proper setting is Move: Layer: