Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Change cursor size?
I'm running GIMP 2.10 on Ubuntu 21.04 with Cinnamon desktop.  The tool cursor is absolutely huge, though my ordinary cursor is regular-sized.  This seems to be specific to the Cinnamon desktop.  I tried GIMP under the default Ubuntu desktop (Unity?) and the tool cursor was normal size.

Is there a way to adjust cursor size?  I didn't see anything in Preferences.  FWIW, I do not have any special cursor settings/sizes active in Cinnamon itself.

Thanks!
(08-17-2021, 05:57 AM)Chellrose Wrote: I'm running GIMP 2.10 on Ubuntu 21.04 with Cinnamon desktop.  The tool cursor is absolutely huge, though my ordinary cursor is regular-sized.  This seems to be specific to the Cinnamon desktop.  I tried GIMP under the default Ubuntu desktop (Unity?) and the tool cursor was normal size.

Is there a way to adjust cursor size?  I didn't see anything in Preferences.  FWIW, I do not have any special cursor settings/sizes active in Cinnamon itself.

Thanks!

I'm using Mint 20.2 (based on 20.04 LTS, Linux kernel 5.4.0-81-generic) with Cinnamon 5.0.5 and the tool cursor seems to be a normal size. This applies to GIMP V2.10.24 and 2.99.7.
(08-17-2021, 05:57 AM)Chellrose Wrote: I'm running GIMP 2.10 on Ubuntu 21.04 with Cinnamon desktop.  The tool cursor is absolutely huge, though my ordinary cursor is regular-sized.  This seems to be specific to the Cinnamon desktop.  I tried GIMP under the default Ubuntu desktop (Unity?) and the tool cursor was normal size.

Thanks!

Xenopeek on the Mint forums suggested that this might be a display resolution issue.  I believe this is probably the case, as moving GIMP to my secondary, lower-res screen resulted in a normal cursor.  However, my main screen is a 1080p TV and seems to require 1920x1080, as trying other resolutions causes it to gripe that the TV doesn't support the selected resolution.

I used the same resolution on Windows 10 and the GIMP cursor was normal.

Huh