Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Changing Gimp Icon?
I just want to see how an icon image renders in the upper left of the Gimp window, but the Gimp logo blocks it. Whats the file to change the logo to transparent, so that it's only the image I created? Im thinking this can be done with Resource Hacker. Just unsure what file to edit.

Its the grey icon here[url=https://www.tenforums.com/attachments/software-apps/396135d1693004023-change-gimp-window-icon-transparent-hmm.png][Image: 396135d1693004023t-change-gimp-window-ic...nt-hmm.png]that Id like transparent.

Thanks =)
What are you speaking about?

WHY don't you do a proper screenshot instead of that microscopic thing outside of its context?
Patrice
(08-26-2023, 12:00 PM)PixLab Wrote: What are you speaking about?

WHY don't you do a proper screenshot instead of that microscopic thing outside of its context?

No, this:

(08-26-2023, 03:46 PM)Ofnuts Wrote:
(08-26-2023, 12:00 PM)PixLab Wrote: What are you speaking about?
No, this:

I tried even in multi windows mode I don't have it Tongue
Patrice
Hi, thank you both for your replies. Ill do a proper screenshot.

I hope it's better anyways. My operating system is Windows 10 if that changes anything.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

I don't know for the Microsoft's Windows OS, but on my operating system (a Linux distribution), it's the system which manage if I put an icon or not from the software I use.
I did chose a theme which does not show software's icon on the top bar window
(red arrow put the icon, blue arrows theme that does not)
You might want to look in the Microsoft's Windows' setting Wink

Patrice
I don't know how much this applies to windows, but in Linux the Gimp icons appear to be in <${whatever}/share/icons/hicolor/${NxN}/apps/gimp.png, where:
  • ${whatever}: some directory in the Gimp installation tree for you  (possibly C:\Program files\GIMP2\share...)
  • ${NxN}: the icon size: 16x16, 24x24, 32x32, 48x48, ...