Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Changing brush size
For the life of me I cannot find how to change the brush size. No search results on Google have the answer. Something so simple is so difficult.
(01-29-2021, 06:01 PM)JEJEJEJ Wrote: For the life of me I cannot find how to change the brush size. No search results on Google have the answer. Something so simple is so difficult.

It's one of the options available in the tool dialog

[Image: MrCjYva.png]

I think this might be spam, since a simple search will pull up the required information. 

https://docs.gimp.org/2.10/en/gimp-using...brush.html

However JEJEJEJ - please confirm your status Wink

...and a confirmation for rickk - Windows 32 bit (albeit Win7) - Gimp 2.10.22 does install
(01-29-2021, 06:26 PM)rich2005 Wrote: ...and a confirmation for rickk - Windows 32 bit (albeit Win7) - Gimp 2.10.22 does install

Thanks,  but my concern was that the 32 bit version might install by  default, on my 64 bit machine, unless forced to go 64,

So, I just downloaded the '64 bit only' version that you linked to. Thanks. 

Still haven't installed it yet. I'm leery of losing GAP.

(01-29-2021, 06:26 PM)rich2005 Wrote: I think this might be spam, 

Do you get a lot of spam here?  Seems like a weird obsession if it is.   I could see someone with motive trying to "stump the band" with impossible requests.....but at the "101" level, what would be the point?

Quote:Do you get a lot of spam here?  Seems like a weird obsession if it is.   I could see someone with motive trying to "stump the band" with impossible requests.....but at the "101" level, what would be the point?

Not much spam these days, it gets caught and deleted, just some posts look 'odd' 
Good point about GAP keep your old 32 bit Gimp 2.8 - nothing wrong with Gimp 2.8.
(01-29-2021, 07:09 PM)rich2005 Wrote: Not much spam these days, it gets caught and deleted, just some posts look 'odd' 

Well, I guess you would know, better than I.   

I just remember my first exposure to gimp.  I was using OS/2 which had crap for scanner drivers. Someone previously had done a linux runtime that would function inside OS/2. And another guy did this Linux version Gimp program that included drivers for a lot of scanners

So, I installed that, the actual gimp graphics program was completely an Easter egg, as far as I was concerned. The only documentation that came with, was specific to the scanner functionality.

But the sheer magnitude of all that Gimp offered, was incentive enough that I could not ignore it.   So, I tend to look back with a "no question is too basic" mentality, remembering when I was there.

Gimp is really overwhealming when paintbrush is all you are used to.

I guess I could see a motive for some guy who just spent a fortune on Photoshop to perhaps come here and troll out of jealousy. :0)

The [ and ] keys adjust the tool size (includes brush size) down and up by 1 pixel respectively. These keys used with shift adjust the tool size by 10. This method doesn't appear to be listed in the link given above but is useful when repairing old photographs (cloning out or healing scratches etc).
(01-29-2021, 07:09 PM)rich2005 Wrote:
Quote: just some posts look 'odd' 

I'll have to give you more credit here than I did originally.  Reviewing many of these requests from people with one post, one thread, and a join date of the current month, and no feedback after they  have been helped.....it's hard to not be suspicious.

Seems unfair, because if they keep it up, eventually all the cool usernames such as "fgjytjwua" will be all used up, forcing legitimate users to have to make unnecessary compromises.    Big Grin