Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Changing caracteristics of a filter per default
Hi, I use the High pass filter. I wish to change what it proposes per default : Dev Std 7 instead of 4 and contrast 1.1 instead of 1. I suppose it needs to modify "something" but I don't know what neither where.
Thanks for your help
An other question: Using this filter needs several steps. I'd like to have it all with only one click (so a script). But I know absolutly nothing about programing. Could someone help me?
Thanks, Jean Pierre
Not quite changing the defaults but you can save one, or more, presets - two mouse clicks and you have the values that you want rather than having to set the numeric values each time. Set the values that you want to use then click the + symbol to the right of the Presets drop-down box and save the settings.
(02-09-2022, 04:41 PM)programmer_ceds Wrote: Not quite changing the defaults but you can save one, or more, presets - two mouse clicks and you have the values that you want rather than having to set the numeric values each time. Set the values that you want to use then click the + symbol to the right of the Presets drop-down box and save the settings.

So nice and easy ! Thank you.
No idea about automatizing my different steps ?
(02-09-2022, 05:13 PM)Gypsie38 Wrote: So nice and easy ! Thank you.
No idea about automatizing my different steps ?

A Python script would probably be your best option. For V2.10.x see here:

https://www.gimp-forum.net/Thread-Script...operations

For V2.99.x/V3 you could use the file goat-exercise-py3.py provided in the sources (in folder /.../gimp-master/extensions/goat-exercises/)
Thnak you, I'll have a look and see if I can understand somethingand try to reproduce.