Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Changing names on things in Gimp?
Hello.

Im new here, I do love GIMP only tried it a few days now. But I was wondering is it possible to change names and costumise it. Instead of "GNUConfused bildmanipuleringsprogram" to "GIMP bildredigering" and for tools for my own enjoyment?

I may be unclear, but like MusicBee it has a ".lang"-file that can be modified just like I want it. Is there something similar to GIMP?

Also, can I change the background before i add a picture? I like the logo, but I want to use a costum background.

Also I found icon's on a page with costum can it be change also?

Sorry for all the questions, but I love when its possible to costumize programs. I'm using Windows 10.

(I posted this on another forum but i then read it was not used anymore so i hope you guys can help me here) Smile
Opening Title, opening background image

These are hard encoded into the application and to get anything you would need to (1) edit the code (2) recompile Gimp.

Language files are hidden away in C:\Program Files\GIMP 2\share\locale but again, not text, no way to edit.

GIMP - confused. GNU reflects the UNIX (look it up) origins of Gimp (nowhere near Windows) hence the customary acronym.

GNU Image Manipulation Program

About the only thing you can change is the Gimp launcher icon, but this is not a function of Gimp, it is Windows.
https://www.digitalcitizen.life/how-chan...n-shortcut
You can get the source for the message translations here (look for the *.po files in the po and po-* directories). And then unravel the makefiles to figure out how they end up in the application (involves the msgfmt command, possibly part of cygwin or mingw if you are on Windows).