Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Changing quality.
Hello, is this possible to make different qualities in one photo ? I want to make car higher quality and background lower. Photo : https://prnt.sc/n1EjjqPj95UH
(01-03-2023, 12:05 PM)Akpitone Wrote: ...is this possible to make different qualities in one photo ? I want to make car higher quality and background lower. ....

It all depends on you and how keen you are on Gimp editing.

You might want to end up with something like this (or might not)

First thing is separate the car from the background. All sorts of ways for that. There is the Foreground select tool or trace around with the free select tool or I used the paths tool (that red line, left it visible for this) and from that a layer mask.

The layer mask lets you "enhance" the car, actually not much you can do, I used an artistic filter from the gmic plugin but any number of other filters you can use.

The background? Degrade it? You could just blur it, that is effective, This one a white layer with reduced opacity

Edit: ...or if you do not want to mess around too much a single layer using the Focus Blur filter. Does not improve the foreground but a nice effect.