Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Channel packing textures
(04-18-2022, 06:16 AM)petition would be lPixLab Wrote:
(04-17-2022, 08:15 PM)Isrraka Wrote: Yeah, layer properties... how hard it can be!  Instead: Blend mode in one place, size in another, channels...o god.., etc.... 

It really seems like only Gimp developers are using gimp... and it shows..

You can ask them to do it as a new feature ➤ https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/gimp/-/issues
I'll just add to ask nicely even though you want to be harsh on them (you're not alone to feel that way) BUT you cannot be harsh, it's a very tiny-tiny team with only 1 or 2 developers working on their free time (they have a job and a life beside the project), GIMP is more than 20 or 25 years old, my last "bug" report I felt they were desperate  Confused
It's not their fault at all, they do what they can with a lot of heart.

Having said that, GIMP has some fantastic tools/features/filters than Krita does not have and vice-versa, I have both software and for me both are very good  Wink

I totally understand your point. But I will not ask for any feature.. Since my petition would be like: "rethink and rewrite the whole gui, please". ( I'm a game developer myself and I know what that means..)
I've been using GIMP for a lot of years now, it has been my photoshop since I quit using adobe. I don't want to sound ungratefull, I'm just very tired and the new options (krita, milton, (even Blender!)) make things easier.

I also think that there is no shame in stopping development. Gimp will always be the software that hit photoshop in the nuts.
But anyone still uses Word Perfect?

Thanks to all for the answers!