Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Choosing to learn Python-Fu or Script-Fu for a simple script
Hello, I want to use GIMP to extract 200 small images from a set of larger images, which are uniformly structured. I have figured out how to use image_select_rectangle to do the initial selection, in both Python fu and Script fu, though in Python I am still working on learning the syntax to identify [Image] correctly.

I need to flush out a script that will copy the selection to a new file and save it to a folder, with an incremented filename each time.

I will also need to write a bit of code to update the x,y coordinates of the corner of each selection, which are 4x5 groups of 5x2 images (200 total images). I have basic programming skills but I haven't really used them in several decades - I learned C++ when it was - BRAND NEW.

So I am wondering which of the two scripting modules will be easier to use to write a small/short routine to increment the x,y value for each selection from the larger image? 

A hint towards the basic increment variable routine that would be used to increment the parameters in image_select_rectangle would certainly speed things up. As would the needed syntax on incrementing the file name on the output call. Any tips would be much appreciated.

Messages In This Thread
Choosing to learn Python-Fu or Script-Fu for a simple script - by BrianJ - 03-15-2019, 05:48 PM