Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Circle select gone
I'm new to Gimp and this kind of software in general. I'm using the clone and healing tools and must've clicked something wrong because now the ability to use either is not working. When I select either tool, there is no circle cursor, just two small crosses or a square targeting with the sides missing. Clicking control doesn't hold either in place. I've tried reseting Gimp to default settings and the issue persists.
Chances are you have set a tool dynamic (brush / clone ) and forgotten about it.

In the clone tool options set the dynamic to Dynamics Off

(11-24-2022, 09:17 AM)rich2005 Wrote: Chances are you have set a tool dynamic (brush / clone ) and forgotten about it.

It's not that. I tried uploading a screenshot but the file's too large. The cursor is a small black cross with a black circular crossed out no smoking like sign next to it and the healing tool icon (?) next to it also.

(11-24-2022, 09:17 AM)rich2005 Wrote: Chances are you have set a tool dynamic (brush / clone ) and forgotten about it.

What does it say bottom of the Gimp window when you try and pick the source ?

Gimp tries to determine what is wrong

Otherwise, monster screenshot ? Try posting on imgur.com and post the link here.
(11-24-2022, 03:14 PM)rich2005 Wrote: What does it say bottom of the Gimp window when you try and pick the source ?

Gimp tries to determine what is wrong

Otherwise, monster screenshot ? Try posting on imgur.com and post the link here.

It says "Set a source image first" or "Ctrl-Click to set a new heal source" and occasionally when I click Ctrl and it seems to "set" a heal source it says "Click to heal" (both are small black crosses) and when I click to heal an area it does nothing.
Well, I am giving up guessing, only you know how you have Gimp set up. Might be the Brush size / mode / opacity. Might be the Alignment Mode, Might be......

Try Edit -> Preferences -> Tool Options Then click on 'Reset Saved Tool Options to Default Values' then OK.

Restart Gimp and see if it works (oh dear already tried that...must be something else you are doing)
(11-24-2022, 04:03 PM)rich2005 Wrote: Well, I am giving up guessing, only you know how you have Gimp set up. Might be the Brush size / mode / opacity. Might be the Alignment Mode, Might be......

Try Edit -> Preferences -> Tool Options Then click on 'Reset Saved Tool Options to Default Values' then OK.

Restart Gimp and see if it works  (oh dear already tried that...must be something else you are doing)

Reseting tool options to default values and or increasing the brush size did it. Thanks for your help.