Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Clone Tool Not Working
I have a problem with the clone tool in 2.10.14 gimp as I've just upgraded to Catalina. I had the same problem upgrading the ios on my mac to Mojave and had to go back to using gimp 2.8 instead of a 2.10 version.
The clone tool in 2.10.14 is pixilated, cloning a full circle it becomes ragged and pixilated around edges, see enclosed image. Is there anything I can do. At the moment I'm thinking the only solution is to go to Apple to get a downgrade to Mojave so i can continue to use gimp 2.8.
Has anyone got any suggestions please?

I'm writing my own response here! I went back to a post I put up last year on the same issue in 2019 and see that RICH 2005 placed a response that the problem was that I had the layer in Dissolve mode instead of Normal mode. I've checked this is the case and put the layer into Normal mode and the clone tool works fine! I can't believe it!
Many thanks to RICH 2005- as I should have taken your advice on this last year.

Attached Files Image(s)

(04-13-2020, 01:51 AM)Paul E. Lehmann Wrote: Running Gimp 2.10.14 on Mac OS Catalina Version 10.15.4

Clone tool does not work. 

It seems as if I can select what to clone but when trying to paint or substitute, nothing appears.  I have tried every option under the clone tool list of options and have tried suggestions others have posted.

I can do "Clone" with Affinity Photo but not Gimp.

It seems to be a common problem.

Any suggestions other than just use Affinity and forget Gimp.

I was having the same problem. I kept getting the plus symbol when I did Cntrl, Click, and then released Cntrl.  So it looked like I was able to select a source, but nothing would happen when I tried to clone.  I realized I had my paintbrush set to "pixel" so the clone edit was so small that I couldn't see it. I enlarged and it is working great.  You will know if it is enlarged if you see a circle where you selected your source.  Not sure if you tried looking at tutorial videos online, but it helped me.