Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Color change
Hello again everyone!

I used a colorization affect in BIMP to change 16 of these gauge parts from this 

to this 

which is exactly what I wanted.

But now the difference between the 2 colors on the new circle part are not different enough to stand out well.

How can I batch alter just one of the 2 colors?

Thanks
Maybe this can help you :
https://docs.gimp.org/2.6/en/plug-in-col...mixer.html

A quick example :

Thank you for the reply but I do not understand how to use that procedure. I do not want to change both colors. I am doing a black and gold theme and I choose one of the colors using the procedure called gimp-colorize. It really is what I wanted but I was hoping to change one color slightly to make the difference between the 2 colors stand out more.
I looked at this when first posted but could not come up with a good method for a single color that can be used with BIMP

You can select-replace a colour using the gimp_gmic_qt plugin but there is an antialiasing border that does not get completely changed. Gmic shows in BIMP as other procedure. A few wrinkles in use if you need more info ask.

At the expense of a slight change over-all, this is easier. color-balance. One or the other

Go to the Curves, Filters > Curves...

When the Curves window is opened, click on the color you want to change in the image

A vertical black line will appear in the curves as you can see above, it's your color sample. That's the one we will manipulate

But BEFORE > go to the blue channel to put control points around that vertical line ➤ on the oblique line like I did to protect other parts of the curve (in green in the screen below)

Then you can put a control points on that vertical black line on any channel (here I chose blue because opposite of blue is yellow), you can go in the red channel or green channel as well... (the sample color will be there as well, no need to re-sample.
BUT do NOT change the curve in the VALUE channel (or a very slight change)  Big Grin

Once it's done and happy, do not click the OK button to apply filter, but instead click on that triangle in the top right window (screenshot below), a menu will appear ➤ Export current setting to file click on it, give a name, if you are using Microsoft Windows you might need to put an extension like .txt because Microsoft might not allow to save a file without extension.

Then now you can close all (don't apply the curve to that sample image) and go to File > BIMP and in BIMP use Add > Color correction, then just check change color curve from settings file, and select the folder to fetch the file you just saved, click OK, then do your things as usual

Patrice
WOW!

I want to thank everyone for the help!

Using these techniques I was able to get the color change I needed.

Thanks again!