Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Color exchange not working
Hello

I am new to gimp. I'm trying to use colour exchange and nothing is happening. I use the colour selector within colour exchange to select 'from' and 'to' colours (as in: https://infofreund.de/gimp-replace-color/). Absolutely nothing happens. Why is this?
Have you tried setting the Threshold for RGB options?
What operating system are you using? Surely not Windows 95 etc.

Color Exchange works for me - Gimp 2.10
(Spit view is enabled)
As I use the Color Picker to pick the blue the color changes.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(11-21-2019, 06:45 AM)Krikor Wrote: Have you tried setting the Threshold for RGB options?

Thanks for your help. On your advice, I've tried adjusting the threshold and have attached a screenshot (split view). I've then tried doing a colour exchange as usual - but again nothing happens. Am I skipping a step?

(11-21-2019, 07:05 AM)Blighty Wrote: What operating system are you using? Surely not Windows 95 etc.

Color Exchange works for me - Gimp 2.10
(Spit view is enabled)
As I use the Color Picker to pick the blue the color changes.

Thanks. I'm using Windows 10. I really can't work out why the colour exchange is not working. I've tried so many different images and try what you have shown, but just nothing happens at all.

I'm not sure if the attachment came through...

Attached Files Image(s)

(11-21-2019, 09:43 AM)She Wrote: I really can't work out why the colour exchange is not working.

You asked about Colors > Map > Color Exchange
but your image is using Colors > Threshold
(Threshold converts the image to pure black and pure white.)

But for that image Colors > Map > Rotate Colors would be better.
(Split view is enabled.)

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(11-21-2019, 10:41 AM)Blighty Wrote:
(11-21-2019, 09:43 AM)She Wrote: I really can't work out why the colour exchange is not working.

You asked about Colors > Map > Color Exchange
but your image is using Colors > Threshold
(Threshold converts the image to pure black and pure white.)

But for that image Colors > Map > Rotate Colors would be better.
(Split view is enabled.)
She,

You used the threshold found in Filters - Threshold.
I referred to the threshold found in the Color Exchange filter itself.

Hello. Thanks so much for your advice about rotate colours. I've had a play with it and it is a really useful tool. My struggle with this particular picture is that the light blue colours are just right. I'm wanting to change the lilac / purple to shades of dusty blue. The rotate colours also changes the colours I want to keep and I can't find a way of keeping some blue and also getting rid of the lilac / purple.

Is there a method where I can select specific colours in the image and swap them for specific other colours? Or a way of making the image a more unified dusty blue (without purple shades)?

I appreciate your help.
Must have other techniques, I used color to Alpha, removed the lilac / purple. So I added a layer underneath the image and colored it to taste.

I just made it by example, but with patience, you can get better results.

The above image has my to and from colours on colour exchange but I'm not sure how to get the RGB settings right. If I can get this tool to work - it would be amazing as there are so many shades that I need to change on individual flowers and I have quite a few flowers to do.