Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Color tool prob
Hi, Working on windows 10 The color that the eyedrop  “sees” is usually not the one that appears on the display. I  have noticed that the correct color sometimes appears when i click the eyedrop in an area around thr one i am interested in, but not consistently. any suggestions? Thanks in advance
You need to give a bit more information about the image and color-picker options

Image - Precision and mode? Does it have multiple layers? Any transparency?
The color-picker tool - What options are set?

There was this bug report. https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/gimp/issues/2401 Any similarities?
(12-30-2018, 04:36 PM)rich2005 Wrote: You need to give a bit more information about the image and color-picker options

Image - Precision and mode? Does it have multiple layers? Any transparency?
The color-picker tool - What options are set?

There was this bug report. https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/gimp/issues/2401 Any similarities?

hi
thanks for your answer
The precision was set at 8bit . I tried all the other options with similar (bad) results.
the mode is RGB color
working on one layer only/
I also tried various color picker tool options, including the one shown in the pic you enclosed and nothing changed.
I still click on a brown a brown area which it's interpreted as dark yellow-orange
note that -unlike yours - my tool box is black and white - I had this problem this morning with an older version (2.08). I tried to solve the problem by uninstalling it and installing a newer version, the latest 2.10, hoping that the program will reset itself somehow, which it did not happen. Everything was exactly the same, in fact it even remember my recently used documents which I found rather strange having removed "completely"all the components of the program before.
thanks again
After trying a few more things (and after a good night sleep), I realized what the problem was. I zoomed to 1600 and set the radius to 1 . still it was not accurate. Then I realized that instead of pointing with the + I was pointing with the icon of the eyedrop, slightly on the right of it. This explained why the choice of color was misplaced. I mean I was misplaced...  Blush

thanks in any case
Yes, note that it says "radius" so the size is 2*radius so for radius 1 somehow a 2*2 square... (same problem with the parametric brushes, the dialog says "radius" but everyone reads "diameter").