Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
'Colorify' tool - discontinued or just renamed?
Hi all

Just updated to 2.10  - I used to rely pretty heavily on the Colorify tool in the Color menu and now can't find it. Hoping it's just been renamed something else and not made obsolete?

Any pointers gladly accepted!

Cheers
(01-14-2021, 08:46 AM)quiverpigeon Wrote: Just updated to 2.10  - I used to rely pretty heavily on the Colorify tool in the Color menu and now can't find it. Hoping it's just been renamed something else and not made obsolete?

It is still there at the moment (might not be when Gimp 3 comes along), just not shown in the menu structure. Gimp 2.10 has a search function - the / forward slash key. Type in a search term, look for the Colorify option.

Ah, I see the Colorize tool has been updated too - much better. Does the same job, before you only had three sliders and couldn't pick a colour quickly, was super clunky.

Sorry to waste time here and thanks for your help in the past!

(01-14-2021, 09:46 AM)rich2005 Wrote:
(01-14-2021, 08:46 AM)quiverpigeon Wrote: Just updated to 2.10  - I used to rely pretty heavily on the Colorify tool in the Color menu and now can't find it. Hoping it's just been renamed something else and not made obsolete?

It is still there at the moment (might not be when Gimp 3 comes along), just not shown in the menu structure. Gimp 2.10 has a search function - the / forward slash key. Type in a search term, look for the Colorify option.

Ah thanks again Rich that's useful, the forward slash key.

As we replied at the same time I didn't see this, but found that the Colorize tool does the same job now, from what I can see. Better in fact, as the changes show up in real time. Do u know if that's right (that Colorize does the same thing now) or am I missing something?
Quote:...Better in fact, as the changes show up in real time. Do u know if that's right (that Colorize does the same thing now) or am I missing something?...

No, not missing anything. "Colorify" is a plugin and applies after the setting is Ok'd All you get is the preview window. The newer filters are GEGL operations and work on the canvas.
(01-14-2021, 10:08 AM)rich2005 Wrote:
Quote:...Better in fact, as the changes show up in real time. Do u know if that's right (that Colorize does the same thing now) or am I missing something?...

No, not missing anything. "Colorify"  is a plugin and applies after the setting is Ok'd All you get is the preview window. The newer filters are GEGL operations and work on the canvas.

Sound, thank u mate. Had fun this evening!