Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Combine two images into one image
I can figure out how to take two images and paste them into a new image.

I opened both images along with a new image and tried pasting the 2 images into the new image.

Can someone please help me ?

Thanks.
One of the solutions is to use 'File / Open as layers'. Choose the two pictures and the result is two layers in your gimp environment.
I did as you posted but could not figure how to save the two images into another image file.
It depends what you want to do with the two pictures. If you want to set the first picture next to the second one you have to extend the canvas 'Image / Canvas Size' to the width of the two pictures. Then you can move the layers to the left or the right in the way you want. Save the file as .jpg is done as follows: ' File / Export As ' and fill in a name with the .jpg extension (ex. two pictures.jpg ). Another way to save the picture is : 'File / Save as JPG'. By saving, the two layers are merged to one picture. If you want to merge the pictures as one picture in gimp, then you can use 'Flatten Image'. Click with right mouse button on the layer section where your pictures are and click on 'Flatten Image'. Saving the image goes the same way as described.