Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ComicBook - RuntimeError: cancelled
(08-03-2023, 01:19 PM)Krikor Wrote: Ehh... Not really.
If there was an option I would rather not have to open the G'MIC.

@PixLab 
It is the first number 7, not the first 7 numbers Wink

...but as earlier, you do not get the vivid colours. I wish I knew what changed in the syntax but I could not find anything.

This a 30 second demo comparing what you get with what it should be. https://i.imgur.com/edtFpWP.mp4

@Krikor
Providing you know the gmic parameter string, that can go in a shell plugin. Used that in the above demo 
It is a bit specific. FWIW if you want to try it, attached forgmic.py unzip, put in plugins folder.

Attached Files
.zip   for_gmic.zip (Size: 476 bytes / Downloads: 180)
(08-03-2023, 01:19 PM)Krikor Wrote: I've had filters on my G'MIC bookmarks gone overnight due to G'MIC updates.
Samj CorLine, is an example of these cases.

After updating G'MIC, did you click on the filters' update inside G'MIC? (internet connection needed).
Then all filters in your bookmarks should work (it can happen that 1 or 2 change place and G'MIC tells you it cannot find it, you "just" need re-bookmark that filters and delete the old bookmark

(08-03-2023, 01:36 PM)rich2005 Wrote: @PixLab 
It is the first number 7, not the first 7 numbers Wink
Big Grin   Blush
Out of curiosity what does this number 7 do?

(08-03-2023, 01:36 PM)rich2005 Wrote: ...but as earlier, you do not get the vivid colours. I wish I knew what changed in the syntax but I could not find anything.

This a 30 second demo comparing what you get with what it should be. https://i.imgur.com/edtFpWP.mp4

I did a try with G'MIC, changing few setting, the result can look similar than the working script, although the black lines are better on the script IMO, but I did not went thru all "edges" options.

Patrice
(08-03-2023, 12:37 PM)PixLab Wrote:
(08-03-2023, 08:40 AM)rich2005 Wrote: Question, Is there any reason why you need the old  plugin ?

I don't really recall, thus not sure at all, but if and only if I trust my memory, in G'MIC "recently" (a year or more or for the version 3) I kind of recall that they shorten the length of those number between parenthesis
Code:
pdb.plug_in_gmic_qt(img, layer, 1, 0, '-fx_curves_interactive [u]7,0,1,7,0,0,'+pointLum+',100,100,-1,0,0,'+pointSat+',100,100,-1,0,0,100,100,-1,0,0,100,100,-1[/u],')

removing like 4 or 5 numbers or more or less between commas (I suppose that +pointSat+ is a concatenated number, as well as +pointLum+ as for me the "+" looks like javascript to concatenate a variable or whatever, but I sure I'm just speculating), but the removal of some parameters (numbers) I feel I read it on pixls.us somewhere, like David Tschumperlé explaining the purpose... but now writing it... >  I'm not sure anymore Sad

@Krikor
(08-03-2023, 07:03 AM)Krikor Wrote: At the time I was able to create small python programs and run them successfully  Rolleyes

So you are already way better than me! I just tried to "fix" 1 or 2 Pocholo's bugs and add more options on its scripts like 2 years or more ago, I did never ever write a python script by myself and never will.

(08-03-2023, 07:03 AM)Krikor Wrote: It was almost another programming language (pdb, I don't remember anymore...), so I gave up.  Sad

EXACTLY, me too -> pdb. gimp_whatever() this is where I gave up too, I mean completely gave up, for me it looks like static/immutable things, thus you need to learn a huge list of... pdb.things, thus no... it's not for me, in all case I did not went further, so I am missing many good things for sure, but I'm not interested anymore Wink

You don't need to remember the PDB contents, it's like a phone directory, you remember a few things you use often, and then search for the other ones when you need them. And the PDB is small compared to other things in the programming field. In programing there are:
  • a few things you have to understand
  • a few things you have to know
  • a lot of things that you have to guess that they exist (due to the two previous items above) and know how to "discover" when needed.
Many thanks for all the answers (very good)! Smile

Hi Krikor,

The best version (in my view) is the one included in G'MIC.

If you really want to have the python plug-in, take this one (it's renamed "simple cartoon"). I had forgot to add it on github. I've just added it and changed the README.

If you really want exactly the old version, just change:
Code:
pdb.plug_in_gmic_qt(img, layer, 1, 0, '-fx_curves_interactive 7,0,1,7,0,0,'+pointLum+',100,100,-1,0,0,'+pointSat+',100,100,-1,0,0,100,100,-1,0,0,100,100,-1,')
into
Code:
pdb.plug_in_gmic_qt(img, layer, 1, 0, '-fx_curves_interactive 7,0,1,"7","0,0,'+pointLum+',100,100,-1,0,0,'+pointSat+',100,100,-1,0,0,100,100,-1,0,0,100,100,-1"')