Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Compress Picture
Thanks Rich....appreciated!
Reviewed your vid (thanks for the reminder!   Undecided  ), & as I'm still new to GIMP I'm going to find some quiet time & go through it step/step. Did notice your original construction in LibreOffice was similar steps to my Word construction so happy with my steps there. It's the GIMP stuff I'll need to be focused on (currently caring for an elderly relative so have to find the right time during the day).

(*** Going to chat with you about LibreOffice some time also.....getting a bit tired of the Windows alternative!......)

Thanks again......I'll be back! Big Grin

Thanks Blighty.
Much appreciate your help on this so I'm going to get a quiet moment to follow the steps you mentioned. I'm caring for an elderly relative at the moment so have to find the right moment, but I want to crack this nut!  

Thanks again....I'll let you know how it goes!  Big Grin
Hey Guys....Me again!

Made a lot of progress & can now build my montages & getting a good final resolution & some nice neat little results...Thanks again!

However............I have tried every which way to try & crop a layer without affecting all the other layers & background but cannot seem to find how to do it!  I know I am in the right layer because the cropping tool is working, & I have tried to lock/unlock the active layer & other layers, checked all the menus, tried to check the Manula (no joy there unfortunately), but I still end up cropping everything outside of the selected area.

What am I doing wrong?!....  Huh

Attached Files Image(s)

Easily missed, top of the Crop Tool options is a tick box for just the active layer

Thanks Rich!......also would of helped if I had the Tool Options box open!!   Sad

Now I plough on again!...........   Big Grin