Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Conversion TIFF to JPEG 1.02
Ooops...I deleted the thread instead of my last post. This the same question from another forum. Many apologies. - rich

We need to Convert the Color TIFF into JPEG (version 1.02). We have tried to converting the above format using some application, the version is not coming correctly (version 1.01 is coming). Customer requirement is JPEG 1.02.

So Kindly let us know any application for converting this format.
(04-20-2021, 12:17 PM)rich2005 Wrote: Ooops...I deleted the thread instead of my last post. This the same question from another forum. Many apologies. - rich

We need to Convert the Color TIFF into JPEG (version 1.02). We have tried to converting the above format using some application, the version is not coming correctly (version 1.01 is coming). Customer requirement is JPEG 1.02.

So Kindly let us know any application for converting this format.

The command line utility ffmpeg see: http://www.ffmpeg.org

Code:
ffmpeg -i file-name.tif  -q:V 1 file-name.jpg

where -q:V is a quality setting from 1 (best) to 31
Can you use 3d party apps? I thought everyone uses photoshop these days.
(09-09-2021, 10:47 AM)volantemie Wrote: Can you use 3d party apps? I thought everyone uses photoshop these days.

Not everyone uses PS these days or Android as a OS as you are using.  Especially when using a GIMP forum

The original; question was about a particular tiff format to jpeg version 1.02 and ffmpeg is one way to get that format.

If you want other applications that will write to tiff or jpeg then there is ImageMagick / XnViewMP / IrfanView ...and any number of other programs.to