Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Converting my Logo to Vector
(01-24-2017, 07:29 PM)rich2005 Wrote: Try the attached SVG. Still a bit of a cludge resulting from tracing a bitmap to a vector. For example there are bits of 'land' attached to 'text', and holes in the 'sea' where there is 'land'

If the fonts are available the way to set it up as vector objects in Inkscape, top to bottom is
aircraft
text x2 (although I would consider using Gimp to generate the text as a path(s) and import into Inkscape)
land areas (as a group)
blue circular sea.

However, I have put that blue circle at the bottom and to get a complete outline another circle above that, but below the main text and aircraft. The aircraft is now a single path and if the outline is too strong that will easily edit with Inkscape.

Thanks Rich, will take a look when home. Appreciate your help, id buy you a beer if I could
This is a follow up to the previous post and comments on making a logo initially in Inkscape as a vector rather than Gimp as a raster image then trying to convert to vector.

If you use an up-to-date Inkscape, you can create layers for each aspect of a logo. Then as well as having a SVG image which can be scaled to whatever size is required, you can save as a Gimp xcf maintaining layers. That might be all you need for some effects and finishing off an image in Gimp. Up to you and what is required.

@mwr789 (if you ever come back)
Managed to find that font and while this is not millimetre exact, it is close to your original.
The outline stroke is set to 1 in Inkscape, easily increased.
attached the svg and a Gimp xcfgz as an example.

Attached Files
.svg   Transp01.svg (Size: 67.14 KB / Downloads: 209)
.xcfgz   Transp01.xcfgz (Size: 169.13 KB / Downloads: 207)
(01-25-2017, 12:10 PM)rich2005 Wrote: Managed to find that font and while this is not millimetre exact, it is close to your original.

I havent read the whole thread or checked the svg, but the font is 'Lobster'.

http://www.dafont.com/de/lobster.font
(01-25-2017, 12:10 PM)rich2005 Wrote: This is a follow up to the previous post and comments on making a logo initially in Inkscape as a vector rather than Gimp as a raster image then trying to convert to vector.

If you use an up-to-date Inkscape, you can create layers for each aspect of a logo. Then as well as having a SVG image which can be scaled to whatever size is required, you can save as a Gimp xcf maintaining layers. That might be all you need for some effects and finishing off an image in Gimp. Up to you and what is required.

@mwr789 (if you ever come back)
Managed to find that font and while this is not millimetre exact, it is close to your original.
The outline stroke is set to 1 in Inkscape, easily increased.
attached the svg and a Gimp xcfgz as an example.
Thanks Rich, you've been a great help and a true gentleman. I cant thank you enough.