Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Could it be my computer?
(08-12-2018, 09:42 AM)sallyanne Wrote: By directory do you mean the profile or the place in 'Program files' where it was installed?

I just changed the profile name and installation failed of my desktop gimp (I copied the error messages but could not save them). My portable will not even save xcf's now.

EDIT:
Looks like it was trying to move everything over from a 2,8 folder I still had in my primary folder. I got rid of it and 2.10 is opening and exporting ok now. I still seem to have lost some plugins though Sad Layfx py being one.

I used the word "directory" in several places... Which one are you talking about?

On your disk you have "files", that are nicely grouped in "directories". In your windows explorer, you see  "documents" in "folders", but baiscally, with some exceptions, one document is one file, and one folder is one directory.

If you renamed the profile, then you can pick the layerfx.py in the old one and copy it to the new.
Thanks guys I seem to have my profile sorted now. gimp is running properly again - after I moved plugins over to my new profile.

Smile