Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Crop individual icons
I have something like the smiley list we have here, but a PNG with transparent background. ie, other than the icons ( here smilies ) everything else is transparent. Is there any method to extract these icons (around 6 ) with minimal steps instead of cropping them out one by one ? Thanks

[Image: C5rVvhJ.png]
Probably the best bet is ofnuts ofn-extract-objects plugin from http://sourceforge.net/projects/gimp-too...s/scripts/ read the docs in the zip.

An alternative in the gmic_gimp_qt plugin is extract objects. That keeps as layers and you will have to use a layers-to-files plugin.

Only six. You could set some guides up and use Image -> Slice to Guides and that produces separate images. You will need to export individually.
Awesome!! I never thought there will be so many straightforward solutions. Thanks.
Tried 2 and 3. Working.

Update : Tried all 3 methods, all of them works perfectly.
ofn-extract-objects is best used when the objects are scattered somewhat randomly over the layer. When everything is in clean rows/columns, ofn-tiles or ofn-layer-tiles are better suited.
Thanks. Got them now.

I wonder whether there is anything you to remove background from photos. I am using ofn-erase-background plugin, but I am not sure it is the right thing for a photo from a smartphone.
ofn-erase-background is meant to erase background from CGI (logos, etc...). For Photos use the foreground selector.
Is it possible to get a simple video on using Foreground select tool. I often get it wrong. Thanks.