Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Crop tool - aspect ratio
Hello,

I'm an infrequent GIMP user and several months ago I used the crop tool and and was able to set the aspect ratio. Today when use the crop tool, I can't seem to open the section where the aspect ratio is set. I've looked online but can't seem to find a solution. It's probably a simple setting I'm overlooking.

Tnx...

Monty
(05-31-2021, 03:14 PM)Monty Wrote: Hello,

I'm an infrequent GIMP user and several months ago I used the crop tool and and was able to set the aspect ratio. Today when use the crop tool, I can't seem to open the section where the aspect ratio is set. I've looked online but can't seem to find a solution. It's probably a simple setting I'm overlooking.

Select the crop tool  Crop  If you can not find it in the toolbox, then it is Tools -> Transform Tools -> Crop (shift-c)

Set it up this way.

1. enable Delete Cropped pixels
2. enable the fixed option
3. choose Aspect ratio from the drop down menu
4. enter the aspect ratio W:H
5. You can toggle between portrait / landscape if you have the aspect ratio the wrong way.

Click in the canvas and draw out the crop area. Click-n-drag inside to move around.
Hit the enter key to apply.

Edit: If for any strange reason you have closed the tool-options dock, then Gimp menu Windows -> Dockable Dialogues -> Tool Options It gets put in the top-right dock as a new tab, you can open from there.