Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Cropping and slicing a path
Thank you! At the first glance these seem to come from the same bug. Will be fixed.
I think I fixed the bug. Krikor, could you please try again. The new version is 0.7:

http://kmarkku.arkku.net/Path_crop_files...aster.html

I also managed to abandon the get_pixel() operations and use a pixel region instead. The running time came down from 31 seconds to 10.5 seconds. Fine. Now the biggest consumers of time are (1) working with pixels, and (2) my own polynomial solving algorithm. Both could be optimized. But it will not happen now. I hope I can now go to my next project.
Ottia Tuota, so far, the plugin is working fine for me.

I never thought that my Truchet script would find such uses Smile
Even Sébastien Truchet didn't thought it would ever get that far...
(03-31-2021, 07:03 AM)Ottia Tuota Wrote: I think I fixed the bug. Krikor, could you please try again. The new version is 0.7:

I also managed to abandon the get_pixel() operations and use a pixel region instead. The running time came down from 31 seconds to 10.5 seconds. Fine. Now the biggest consumers of time are (1) working with pixels, and (2) my own polynomial solving algorithm. Both could be optimized. But it will not happen now. I hope I can now go to my next project.

After installing version 0.6 that had bugs, I was temporarily without the plug-in, since when installing I overwrote the file.

With version 0.7 the fun was safe, with no surprises (Warnings).
Also noticeably faster than the previous version.

Thx.

NOTE:
ehhh ... it was difficult to post this Quote above, I needed to use Ctrl + C and Ctrl + V.
The text of another post on the previous page was coming.
Hi Ottia Tuota,

Could you please check if the "Crop path by circle" plug-in is working correctly after the latest updates?  Confused

In a situation identical to post #9, where I have two paths, one the Truchet and the other a line segment with two anchors (regardless of whether I use this segment as radius or diameter of the circle) I always get the message below:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "D: \ Gimp21021 \ Gimp-2.10.21_Portable-32-64bit-Win \ lib \ gimp \ 2.0 \ python / gimpfu.py", line 741, in response
    dialog.res = run_script (params)
  File "D: \ Gimp21021 \ Gimp-2.10.21_Portable-32-64bit-Win \ lib \ gimp \ 2.0 \ python / gimpfu.py", line 362, in run_script
    return apply (function, params)
  File "D: \ Gimp21021 \ InventoryGimp \ Scripts \ Active Scripts \ PluginsUse \ crop_path.py", line 2974, in crop_path_by_circle_main
    crop_input_data)
TypeError: crop_path_by_CorS () takes exactly 2 arguments (3 given)

From the message, I thought my line segment could have 3 anchors. But I checked and there are only two anchors.

Path summary Warning
Path "Unnamed" [1]:
(400.0, 400.0) <- 2: 311.5: OPN -> (400.0, 88.5)

Thanks.
Thanks for your help. That error message made the problem quite clear. Lousy work, nothing else. The plugins "Crop by circle" and "Crop by general selection" use some common parts. I removed from one function an unused argument and forgot to check all calls to that function.

The fixed version is 0.8 in the same place:

I hope it is now all right.
(04-01-2021, 06:23 AM)Ottia Tuota Wrote: Thanks for your help. That error message made the problem quite clear. Lousy work, nothing else. The plugins "Crop by circle" and "Crop by general selection" use some common parts. I removed from one function an unused argument and forgot to check all calls to that function.

Quote:Posted by Ofnuts - Yesterday, 04:00 PM
I never thought that my Truchet script would find such uses [Image: smile.png]

And I didn't think I knew how to use the plug-in anymore.  Blush
I tried several times until I gave up and threw in the towel.

Now with version 0.8 the plug-in is really ok.
I took the opportunity to test warp_path.py again.  Wink

Again ofn-truchet-path.py co-starring.

Thanks for the quick repair of the plug-in.
(04-01-2021, 08:47 AM)Krikor Wrote:
(04-01-2021, 06:23 AM)Ottia Tuota Wrote: Thanks for your help. That error message made the problem quite clear. Lousy work, nothing else. The plugins "Crop by circle" and "Crop by general selection" use some common parts. I removed from one function an unused argument and forgot to check all calls to that function.

Quote:Posted by Ofnuts - Yesterday, 04:00 PM
I never thought that my Truchet script would find such uses [Image: smile.png]

And I didn't think I knew how to use the plug-in anymore.  Blush
I tried several times until I gave up and threw in the towel.

Now with version 0.8 the plug-in is really ok.
I took the opportunity to test warp_path.py again.  Wink

Again ofn-truchet-path.py co-starring.

Thanks for the quick repair of the plug-in.

Nice...