Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ctl click unresponsive on Ubuntu.
Hello,

I'm using Gimp 2.10 on Ubuntu 22.04.

Using the Clone tool the Ctl key is not detected by Gimp ( the Ctl Key is working elsewere.) this is rendering Gimp unusable un Ubuntu. The problem seems to be known  for a long time, I do not find any workaround. Alt Caps lock, Ctl Alt do not work more.

Any help will be appreciated.

Serge
Also on Ubuntu 22.04 and no such problem.... however the Alt key is grabbed by the desktop/window manager (KDE Plasma) so is not usable in Gimp (still works as a combo, though, so maybe you can try with Alt-control or somesuch). Otherwise what are your desktop and window managers?
Make sure your alignment isn't on registered if your source is image

Smile
[attachment=11647]
Also on Ubuntu 22.04 and no such problem.... however the Alt key is grabbed by the desktop/window manager (KDE Plasma) so is not usable in Gimp (still works as a combo, though, so maybe you can try with Alt-control or somesuch). Otherwise what are your desktop and window managers?

Thanks for your answer.
Very eased to know that you work with Gimp 2.10 on Ubuntu 22.04 so I expect there will be a solution for me.

==> I try many Ctrl combinations Alt Ctrl Shift Ctrl etc. notting working.

==> Desktop is Gnome
==> Wm is : Mutter

As shown below , obtained using neofetch command.
Quote:OS: Ubuntu 22.04.4 LTS x86_64
Host: Aspire ES1-523 V1.01
Kernel: 6.5.0-27-generic
Shell: bash 5.1.16
Resolution: 1360x768
DE: GNOME 42.9
WM: Mutter
WM Theme: Adwaita
Theme: Yaru [GTK2/3]
Icons: Yaru [GTK2/3]
Terminal: gnome-terminal
CPU: AMD A6-7310 APU with AMD Radeon R4 Graphics (4) @ 2.000G
GPU: AMD ATI Radeon R4/R5 Graphics
Memory: 1783MiB / 6881MiB

(04-11-2024, 12:39 AM)sallyanne Wrote: Make sure your alignment isn't on registered if your source is image

Thanks for your answer !

What is 'alignment' please ?

Serge
I just note that only the Ctrl key is not working with the Clone tool , with many other tools the Ctrl key change the tool behaviour ( Cursor icon change) so my problem looks like some of my Gimp setup or utilization.

Serge
Thanks to Salyanne and Ofnuts you point me out the places to look for. The problem is mostly my understanding for Gimp and its tools it solve by pointing the source for the Clone tool to Image and sample to All layout. I Was trying to remove text in a image by cloning some part of the image over the text. I use a layer to make changes and I probably sample for cloning on the wrong layer.

Problem is solved.

Serge