Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Default Directory
Is there a way to set a default folder for opening and saving files?  For one reason or another I have to reopen Gimp maybe a freeze in Gimp or my computer has to be booted for some reason.

Every time I open Gimp it wants to go to recent files and then I have to navigated down through a file tree to get to the folder that contains my files.  Then I have to remember to navigate once again to save a file to the same file folder or files end up where I don't want them.  Once I do it once in a session it remembers for the rest of the session.

Can I set this up to remember the same folder I use for all of my Gimp work?  I haven't found anything in edit preferences.
(10-19-2021, 10:01 PM)zeuspaul Wrote: Is there a way to set a default folder for opening and saving files?  For one reason or another I have to reopen Gimp maybe a freeze in Gimp or my computer has to be booted for some reason.

Every time I open Gimp it wants to go to recent files and then I have to navigated down through a file tree to get to the folder that contains my files.  Then I have to remember to navigate once again to save a file to the same file folder or files end up where I don't want them.  Once I do it once in a session it remembers for the rest of the session.

Can I set this up to remember the same folder I use for all of my Gimp work?  I haven't found anything in edit preferences.

You can add a shorcut, to not go thru all folders,
Select your folder in the main (middle) first (or the + will not be activated)
then click on that "+" sign, and your favorite folder will always be on that left side (above the "+")

PixLab thanks. I was able to get it to show up as a shortcut. Now hopefully Gimp will remember next time I open the program or is there a way I can tell it to remember?
(10-20-2021, 06:16 AM)zeuspaul Wrote: PixLab thanks.  I was able to get it to show up as a shortcut.  Now hopefully Gimp will remember next time I open the program or is there a way I can tell it to remember?

The folder you added to the "Favorite" should always be listed on that left side folder/tree Wink You will have (maybe to scroll down if you don't see it) just to click on it, and you're in > I do have 4 or 5 folders in there and it's very useful. Wink