Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cannot Change Fonts
I'm having an issue with GIMP 2.8.22 on both Linux Mint and Windows 10. When I go to add text, the font selection area has no dropdown. It just says Sans. I have more fonts installed, but am unable to select one.
There are 2 places where you can select a font.

The first is the Tool Options below the Toolbox. This is "global" ie it is for all the text. This does have a drop down as you expect. This is the most often used one.

The second is on screen. This is for selected text only. Here you need to delete Sans and start typing the name of the required font. The drop down then appears.
If you have real problems choosing a font, Windows -> Dockable Dialogues -> Fonts will add a tab.

Then you can easily choose a font from the list. With the text tool open on the canvas and some text, changing a font immediately shows on canvas. Whatever list you have open, (tool options, text tool, fonts dialogue) you should be able to scroll through the list with the mouse wheel.

This a short video on Gimp 2.8 text tool use - 4 minutes duration - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ChcTE9KROmc