Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Denoise?
The moire effect only showed up in one of the versions I had worked on. Oddly enough FFT did work for that one. Somehow I seem to have done something that came across as screening!

I have my copious files backed up, but sort of helter-skelter. Is there a more coherent backup program I should use first?

I have no great love of Betsy, in fact I think it's slowing my PC down rather badly. OTOH my old "guru" has my batch of old drives (some mechanical) running as a RAID. Is this going to be a problem if I try upgrading to Mint 21?

(11-09-2022, 07:45 AM)denzjos Wrote: On your post I see an error on the fourier plugin and you use gimp 2.8. I've used gimp 2.10.32 and the photo on my post is reasonable nice because i'ts smaller than the original. I've tried several Gmic-Qt plugins but I found not one to do the job, so I haven't use it on this image. The image with the original dimensions, jpeg quality 94% : 

You can try this : https://vanceai.com/old-photo-restoration/

I see that Vance has a better resolution of Bubba's face, but not his motto. I may just paste one over the other as a "patch". 

Thanks again! <3