Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Divide selection using guides
(04-15-2023, 11:14 PM)teapot Wrote: In gimp if you do the menu item:
Filters -> Python-Fu -> Console

Then hit the Browse button

Thanks - I know about console and the browser, although I admit I didn't have any thoughts on optimization so far. This was more like quick and dirty (although one call is definitely faster then four Smile write-up to explore how everything goes.

What I feel is missing is something that's more complete - for example, browsing through method names you sometimes get the idea what it does, but sometimes even reading the description is not enough (for example, lots of methods deal with the items, but the definition of item itself isn't so easy to find.).

And realized I always start looking in the Tools menu for the Python console Smile I never understood why is it placed under Filters....

(04-16-2023, 04:05 AM)PixLab Wrote: It's not working, the plugin don't load at all Wink

Seriously? Works fine here...
(04-15-2023, 05:55 PM)goran Wrote:
(04-15-2023, 07:50 AM)denzjos Wrote: @goran,thanks to share the plugin. Nice work, the plugin is working on gimp 2.10.34 /windows 10.

Good to know! Smile

And GEGL warnings, they are still there?

Sorry for the late reaction. The GEGL warnings are visible but the plugin does the job, so for me, no problem.
Quote:And GEGL warnings, they are still there?

In my version, the plugin works without any GEGL warning.

Just an observation:
It is not possible to remove tabs using the Edit - Undo option (At least not all at once).
Fortunately there is a plugin that performs this action.

Thanks for the plugin.
Samj PortableGimp 2.10.28 - Win-10 /64.
(04-18-2023, 06:09 PM)Krikor Wrote: Just an observation:
It is not possible to remove tabs using the Edit - Undo option (At least not all at once).

You mean guides? Smile
Yes, I wasn't even aware of the problem - it happens because adding each guide is another method call/operation, so Undo naturally undoes each one of these calls, one by one. Unless you tell it otherwise and "group" them.

Pixlab already did that on the previous page, so you can just copy that.
(04-18-2023, 06:53 PM)goran Wrote:
(04-18-2023, 06:09 PM)Krikor Wrote: Just an observation:

You mean guides? Smile
Yes, I wasn't even aware of the problem - it happens because adding each guide is another method call/operation, so Undo naturally undoes each one of these calls, one by one. Unless you tell it otherwise and "group" them.

Pixlab already did that on the previous page, so you can just copy that.

Yes guides!

Mea culpa for not checking the translation given by the translator.

Okay, I'll look into that later.

BTW... maybe it would be better to update the link in the first post with the implemented changes... or not, it's up to you.

Thx.
UPDATE:

This version implements spinner instead of an input box, and adds group undo (removes all guides set by plugin in a single undo operation).

Attached Files
.zip   g_divide_selection_using_guides_spinner.zip (Size: 836 bytes / Downloads: 66)
@goran, after installing the plugin update I get no errors anymore. Thanks.
(04-19-2023, 08:39 AM)denzjos Wrote: @goran, after installing the plugin update I get no errors anymore. Thanks.

Hm.  Something else must have also happened here, it's just a coincidence...
(04-19-2023, 06:26 AM)goran Wrote: UPDATE:

This version implements spinner instead of an input box, and adds group undo (removes all guides set by plugin in a single undo operation).

Yes! thank you, it works like a charm.
Thumbs Up 
The updated version is running free light and loose around here. :-)

PixLab, good job in suggesting and pointing out improvements for this plugin! ?