Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Docking the tool options in toolbox
How do I re-dock the tool options dialogue in the toolbox.  So far, the only way I can get it to dock is to reinstall gimp, which doesn't take more than a few minutes, but there has to be a better way.
Windows > Dockable Dialogues > Tool Options

It probably opens as a separate window. To dock it: Don't drag the title bar of the window. Do drag on the tab title.
(12-22-2017, 06:26 AM)Blighty Wrote: Windows > Dockable Dialogues > Tool Options

It probably opens as a separate window. To dock it: Don't drag the title bar of the window. Do drag on the tab title.

Same as @blighty. It is the same as in Chrome & Firefox where to move a tab to another window, you drag the tab in the window and not the title bar:

(click for animation)

Re-installing Gimp doesn't help, because all your set up in your Gimp Profile, which is not overwritten when you re-install. So instead of re-installing Gimp, just erase/rename the profile to have Gimp recreate on with default values. But keep this solution for the real bad cases, because to recover the initial windows you can also go to Edit>Preferences>Window management>Reset saved window positions to default values.
(12-22-2017, 04:39 AM)jerryemerydelacruz Wrote: .... there has to be a better way.

Usually I point to a video but here are some pointers with sceenshots

https://www.gimp-forum.net/Thread-Gimp-I...02#pid4702