Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Docks Keep Disappearing
I am new to GIMP. Anytime I open a dock like Color Balance, Exposure or Curves, the moment I make edits with it and click "OK", the dock just disappears. I don't know how to recall it, especially when I want to adjust something I have done.  I found a place to click under Windows called "Recently Closed Docks" but it just never works. Is anyone else having that problem please? I use a Macbook.
(09-07-2020, 02:00 AM)Iyebiye Wrote: I am new to GIMP. Anytime I open a dock like Color Balance, Exposure or Curves, the moment I make edits with it and click "OK", the dock just disappears. I don't know how to recall it, especially when I want to adjust something I have done.  I found a place to click under Windows called "Recently Closed Docks" but it just never works. Is anyone else having that problem please? I use a Macbook.

Docks are only for whatever you find in Windows>Dockable dialogs (as their name implies). Balance, Exposure and Curves are plain dialogs, if you wan to see them again, re-invoke the tool they belong to. And yes, there are tools that use the "Tool options" in the Dockable dialogs and other that don't. There are sometimes good reasons for this.