Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Drawing tablet pressure sensitivity
When I draw the start of the stroke is always transparent and then it becomes opaque. I attached an image to show what is happening. The top is the start of the stroke. I tried different brushes but the same effect persists. I am using the pressure opacity dynamic.

Attached Files Image(s)

As its name implies, the opacity depends on the pressure, and usually we apply less pressure at the beginning of a stroke.

If you edit (after a copy) the dynamics you will see that by default the Pressure->Opacity curve is S-shaped and this means you have to apply some significant pressure to get a really opaque stroke. You can change this curve to get more opacity with less pressure (but don't obliterate the original dynamics, since this shape is really useful for delicate work).
(09-21-2018, 03:29 PM)Ofnuts Wrote: As its name implies, the opacity depends on the pressure, and usually we apply less pressure at the beginning of a stroke.

If you edit (after a copy) the dynamics you will see that by default the Pressure->Opacity curve is S-shaped and this means you have to apply some significant pressure to get a really opaque stroke. You can change this curve to get more opacity with less pressure (but don't obliterate the original dynamics, since this shape is really useful for delicate work).

I'm applying full pressure at the beginning of the stroke, I used the same stroke on different software and don't get this effect.