Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ellipse
This is what it says when i try and open it

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Part of the problem is use of 7zip. It has been known to unpack to folders rather than contents.

If you have to use it, keep things simple, unpack the zip to maybe your desktop (if you can find room there Wink ).

Then drag the single file ofn-text-along-path.py into the user profile plugins folder

[Image: i4tQ1Uy.jpg]

Is your user name really 'n'? Just a reminder to all users how to find the Gimp 2.10 User profile locations.

[Image: AVdbm8n.jpg]

You need to get this procedure clear. Gimp is build around plugins & scripts and very few have (or need) installers.
(08-07-2018, 07:17 AM)rich2005 Wrote: Part of the problem is use of 7zip. It has been known to unpack to folders rather than contents.

It is assumed that in 2018 everybody knows how to handle a ZIP file, which, on Windows, can either be unpacked from the file explorer, or even be directly opened in the file explorer itself. Further more the download page has a section explaining what to do with ZIP files. If it is not clear enough, please make suggestions.

And on other platforms (Linux/OSX), the ZIP keeps the executable flag if the .py which is by far the biggest source of "Why is the thing not working" questions...
Quote:..it is assumed that in 2018 everybody knows how to handle a ZIP file..

Dangerous assumption. I agree, unless you are unpacking other types of archive, then just for ZIP Windows file manger works as well as can be expected for MS.

I even showed back here: https://www.gimp-forum.net/Thread-Ellips...82#pid9782 but who ever revisits previous posts.

I assume that installing 7-ZIP alters the default file association. If you remember the same thing happens with the G'mic zipped plugin. That unpacks to a double folder with 7-zip just to confuse Gimp.

Some time ago with friends, ran a PC users group for 'older' people. When using Windows file manager always a bit hit-and-miss. With just the basic single window and the folder tree, dragging from source to destination was Where did the file go?

Needless really. There are free 2-pane file managers available. I think there is even a GUI for 7-zip. Might have a look at what is available.
Thanks for your help guys but I cant seem to get it working.. Think I'm going to sack it I really appreciate your help
(08-07-2018, 01:30 PM)al.da.drone Wrote: Thanks for your help guys but I cant seem to get it working.. Think I'm going to sack it I really appreciate your help

Is it just that you can not get the zip file unpacked to the plugins folder?

see: https://www.gimp-forum.net/Thread-Unpack...es-plugins
To be totally honest I have little knowledge when it comes to Zip files and extracting. If I get it right its down to pure luck.
I have downloaded double commander and I have looked at it and I have no idea what is going on.
I hope I am not offending you, but I dont suppose you fancy Hijacking my computer remotely and doing it for me I will contribute in some way via pay pal.
This is sheer desperation.
Sometime you will have to learn. What you need is someone standing behind you.

This is just the file unzipped.

https://my.pcloud.com/publink/show?code=...srTpOnmOuX

download it, copy to the Gimp plugins folder.
Brilliant I now have the tool option in the selection path...I have to thank you for your time and effort you are a good geezer.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)