Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gimp wont keep merging when exporting
Hi!
I just took up Gimp and tries to merge photos. 2 and 3 respectively.
It work fine until I export the document. Then the merging between the photos dissapears.
Anyone know what´s wrong?
Can you make a screenshot of Gimp (main image display + layers list) before you export? And how do you export and to which format?

To attach images here, see this.
(08-08-2018, 09:50 PM)Ofnuts Wrote: Can you make a screenshot of Gimp (main image display + layers list) before you export? And how do you export and to which format?

To attach images here, see this.

Yeah! Good tip! Of course. I go through the meny bar down to export as... etc. I tried multiple formats without success.
Quote:... I tried multiple formats without success.

Might be the size of the image. or something else

If you have the screenshot as a jpeg or png try https://imgur.com/ - it is free. Then get the link and post here
or
Larger files and Gimp .xcf files try dropbox or similar and post the link here.

It would help if you also gave more details,
Merge images as a stack of layers, or maybe side-by-side or something else
(08-09-2018, 03:18 PM)rich2005 Wrote:
Quote:... I tried multiple formats without success.

Might be the size of the image.  or something else

If you have the screenshot as a jpeg or png try https://imgur.com/ - it is free.  Then get the link and post here
or
Larger files and Gimp .xcf files try dropbox or similar and post the link here.

It would help if you also gave more details,
Merge images as a stack of layers, or maybe side-by-side or something else

Tnx for the reply. I went for the standard settings for the background and imported 3 pics as layers. Two relatively small, and one that I had to downzise (very) much. Had them patched together and added a layer mask to one of them and made the merge. Worked even for the third pic.Then during the process of exporting the merge disappeared
(08-09-2018, 06:28 PM)Ergu Wrote: Tnx for the reply. I went for the standard settings for the background and imported 3 pics as layers. Two relatively small, and one that I had to downzise (very) much. Had them patched together and added a layer mask to one of them and made the merge. Worked even for the third pic.Then during the process of exporting the merge disappeared

Still a little short of info on your procedures but as a guess, using a gradient in a layer mask something like this

[Image: PjuiRyS.jpg]

To finalise the gradient in Gimp 2.10 you have to hit the ENTER or choose another tool . The effect will be seen in the layer mask.

[Image: toyUTST.jpg]

An alternative if not using the gradient tool. Use Layer -> New from Visible Does what it says. Move the visible layer to the top of the stack before exporting.

[Image: jLxJ8xI.jpg]